View Single Post
Old 09-29-2008, 03:33 AM

scholar is on a distinguished road

There is very little about useing this type of lighting system on reefs other then in Japan and well ya... Im a mechanic and I know the heat these things can produce. I dont think my self that they will run any hotter then power compacts but I will have to see. I dont plan on keeping any fish in the tank but I do see what your saying about there health, if I do plan that road i will factor in the price of uv glass since I dont have access to it for free unlike acrilc. As for the par of this bulb i cant see there being a problem I have seen people use 50 000k bulbs on frag tanks to make zoo's and other coral do crazy morphs then ship them out (dont agree with this but it is done more then people think). There are many diffrent H.I.d kits available these days and yes some are 59.99 on ebay and some are 500.00+ I have no problem showing the price of the kit to people Im more happy that im going to be alowed to cut the purchase price in half.
I hope that every one is likeing this build now come one 15th i want water in this thing!! lol