View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 07:40 PM

lnk89 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animal-Chin View Post
The pictures look like there is as much hair algae as bubble. If your zoa's are on rocks, I'd take the rock out and in a bowl of tank water start brushing the algae off with a toothbrush or some other small brush. Once you have removed as much as possible I'd give the zoa's a bath in hydrogen peroxide. If you use 3 parts water, 1 part peroxide the zoa's will be totally fine. They'll close up for a day or two but no harm to them at all. The peroxide will only kill the remaining algae. I've done it a few times.

I'm just being honest and I'm sure others have opinions but in my experience, once hair algae gets in your sand bed its almost impossible to get it out. Removing the sand and replacing it is sometimes the only solution but I've never used vibrant, maybe it does wonders?
The hair algae is only in a couple spots. There is a lot of hair algae on my one snail though. No matter how many times I scrub it off.

I will try the vibrant for 4-6 weeks. Hopefully with large weekly water changes it will help. If after 4 weeks, im not getting any results then I will start the tear down process.

Changing out the sand is a good idea. I have struggled with algae in the sand for quite awhile. I think I just made too many mistakes with this tank. Hopefully attempt number 2 goes better!