View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 06:15 AM

fishmaster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delphinus View Post
Oh yes. Very true. I had to buy my Thule bike carrier off ebay. The Canadian retail price of the unit was (and still is) $600, whereas the US list price is $300. Then you have your ebay retailers who sell for even less because of no overhead. I paid $270 plus $60 shipping, taxes etc. to my door. Thule refuses to adjust their Canadian prices, the difference is quite obscene. I'm not sure why they think it's in their better interest to punish Canadians like that. At any rate, their Canadian retailers/distributors lost out on a sale because of that practise.
I find that with soo many products. The thing is, with the dollar changing so much so fast, a distributor has to sell way more to see any growth.(I'm a sales rep for a mid sized ditributor) For example: say on averege the dealer cost of US imported products(like 90% of what we sell) goes down 10%, I have so sell that much more just to be on par with last year. It's like you worked that much harder for nothing! We set our prices based on our landed cost, so we have to live with it. I don't agree with it, but I can understand why some distributors/retailers are trying to keep their prices up. But, there's a very big difference between keeping the prices up & ripping people off!!!!!