View Single Post
Old 12-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Vendor

Bill@IA is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Yes. Those guys have SPS talent! I don't think the photos are adjusted significantly. I've seen some of these pieces at the Reef Raft booth at MACNA 2013 in person. Those guys know how to color up SPS. That's all there is to it. They could make a brown SPS look like the next best thing. This is the trouble with the Reef Raft stuff - most people do not have the talent they do, and thus their RR pieces just do not look like the photos.

I think if people are disappointed in their RR pieces they should be disappointed in their own ability, not the actual coral. From what I've seen, some of the RR pieces are more difficult than others - like the Diablo. If you want something easy to color up, buy a Sunset Monti. I would LOVE to test my own ability with a RR Diablo in my own "medium nutrient" tank, but I don't want to pay that much for an experiment.
Reef Raft Canada pictures not so much but Reef Raft USA…thats a whole different story. (No matter anyway, ReefRaft USA is no longer)

Talent?? Yes indeed….but I have also seen some very good SPS collectors fail to colour up some pieces while mastering others. Dialing in the right balance of nutrient import/export is one challenge but getting the right amount of light also makes a huge difference. My SPS will take a lot more light when there is more food available for them and colour up more because of it..

Check us out on Facebook. You don't need Facebook to enjoy our Facebook Page. Just click on the link: https://www.facebook.com/IncredibleAquarium

Last edited by Bill@IA; 12-06-2014 at 06:01 PM.