View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Gold Member

SeaHorse_Fanatic will become famous soon enough

Clown triggers have a bad reputation for becoming mean & killing other tankmates as they mature. The chromis would become light snacks for one. Starting from small, it may work out with your bigger fish. Any cleanup crew would be munchies as well. You'd be better off with a Sargassum/Blue Throat or similar trigger than with a clown.

The emperor angel gets very large when adult, so not a great fish choice for that size tank unless selling/trading it when adult or big tank upgrade is part of your long-term planning. You wrote that this is possible, but one thing I've noticed over the years is that plans change & many people "plan" for a bigger tank but later change their minds due to changing priorities, costs, no room, moving, etc. Generally, it is recommended to stick with fish that will grow to adult size and be good in the present system, since we never know what the future holds.

Raccoon butterflies are among my favourite, as long as its not in a reef tank. They are likely to eat a wide variety of reef inverts, like corals. Once acclimated, they also tend to be hardy for a butterflyfish.

Foxface/rabbitfish grow very, very fast in my experience. Mine grew at least an inch per month, if not faster.

Anthony