View Single Post
Old 12-07-2014, 01:12 AM

straightrazorguy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to straightrazorguy
Default Yet Another Moorish Idol Thread

I love moorish idols. I know people say the survival rates are so poor, that it's not even worth trying. I know people recommend getting a bannerfish instead. Much easier, they say. Still, I like idols, but not bannerfish.

After a lot of reading I decided to try my hand at it. I know that they are abundant in nature, so the aquarium trade won't change any of that. That's how I justify my decision, anyway.

Long story short, after a lot of debating I picked up a medium pair (3-4 inch) a couple of days ago. They are both in my bare QT. I do a rigorous quarantine regimen, as I am not willing to introduce any nasties in my DT. I am currently treating the idols with PraziPro. I have, in the past, lost a Kole tang and a leopard wrasse to Cupramine. So the last batch of fish got a month of hyposalinty after a couple of weeks of Prazipro.

What do you suggest for my idols? One is eating and spitting a lot. The other one isn't eating at all. What do experienced Canreefers say? Please bring all advice, including your worst criticism. I'm a big boy; I can take it!