View Single Post
Old 02-01-2017, 08:31 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

That's interesting, thanks, I'll check the temperature of the solenoid when I'm home from work.

Mine seems to be settling out at 6.5 now although I was sort of hoping to target 6.6. If you ran fine at 6.4 then maybe I'll leave it as-is for now until I have a more substantial calcium draw (all I have are frags so far).

Here's a chart of the last 12 hours or so:
reactor_co2_ph_2.jpg

You can see that overnight I still had the bubble rate too fast and the solenoid cycled off/on until I checked in the morning. I did a *very slight* decrease to the CO2 flowrate at 8am (literally, I wasn't even sure if I had moved the knob) was all it took to keep the solenoid to stay on, except that the controller kicked it off when it hit 6.55 (the previous off setpoint). So I lowered the off point to 6.5 to see where it would settle and it seems to have coincidentally completely settled on 6.5 so the solenoid hasn't turned off yet.

I wasn't sure if I was going to try slowing the CO2 again to see if it would settle at closer to 6.6 or if I should lower the off point to 6.45 (I'm a little worried that if it settles right on the borderline then it might switch the CO2 off and then it will go all the way back up to 6.7 before it turns on again ... although you can see by the "up curves" that it doesn't take very long to raise the pH).