View Single Post
Old 03-18-2011, 08:40 PM

bob the nano is on a distinguished road
Smile 24 gallon nano cube prodibio Journal

Today I started my first Prodibio treatment on my 24 gallon reef tank. The tank is approx 2 yrs old and for the last 6 months it could be loosley described as a ULN system. I have been maintaining 0.5 ppm nitrates and undetectable phosphate for at least 5.5 months and my system has been doing ok but not what I would consider thriving. To keep things in check i was using microbacter 7 and IO natural nitrate reducer. To maintan calcium and alk kent tech cb was used along with some tech m to keep my mag up to 1300. Like I said before the system was ok but my sps weren't as colorful as id like and growing as fast as I have seen in other reef tanks. I was going to try one of the other options for a ULNS like zeovit or neozeo but the amount of tinkering that is required was a bit much for my taste. I've seen some beautiful reef tanks running those systems and there's effectiveness is proven so I'm definitely not slamming them.

This wed I bought a BioKit reef and I stated using it today after 7 gallon water change using RO/DI water and reef crystals salt mixed to 1025 sg. the first dose was as follows : 1 x Biodigest
1 x BioPim
1 x Iodi+
1 x Stronti+

After 6 weeks I'll add the reefbooster that was included in the kit as suggested by aqua digital.

If I can find my camera I'll add a pic of the Tank as it is now and add it to the thread and periodacally update pics and any changes I notice positive or negative while running prodibio!