View Single Post
Old 02-09-2015, 07:24 PM
Jedi Master Reefer

Wheelman76 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tytown View Post
Agree on the Elos PO4 kit, that thing is a total waste of money.

So Wheelman and Craig, what are some typical values your phosphorus checker reads? And what do you expect it to read when you test?

Running GFO I would hope to see 10 and below but going by their rated accuracy there's no way I guy can even rely on that.

Just trying to gauge peoples phosphates and their expected reading from their ULR phos checker....

Thanks for all the replys so far

I typically get a reading of 4ppb (0.01) to 10ppb (0.03) when I test. I usually change out my rowa phos every 4 weeks , but I recently decided to let it run for 6 weeks to see how high the po4 would climb. I tested and I got a reading of 20ppb (0.06) and then tested again right after with the same vile , rinsing in between with RO water and I got a reading of 21ppb (0.06) which seems pretty accurate to me.

I also agree that it's a good idea to only use the one vial for the test and just get the reagent in there quickly and have the packet open and ready to go. I also have the same side of the vial facing the front for the whole test ( steps C1 and C2) I just make sure the 10ml writing on the vial is facing the front. Is any of that necessary ? Who knows lol , but I get consistent results using this checker so that's how I continue to do it.