View Single Post
Old 06-01-2012, 03:11 PM

Delphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura aboutDelphinus has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to Delphinus

One of my favourite kinds of fish. Very hard to beat the intensity of red and they tend to pose obligingly if you like to take pictures, haha.

If you got one small enough I think you'd be OK. I had one for nearly 7 years and he was not much bigger than 3.5"-4". The one I have now is more like 2" and is perfectly at home in a 65g.

The one thing you need to watch out for is shrimp. I've never tried shrimp in with mine so I don't know how accurate this is but the urban myths with them is that they will eat cleaner shrimp and the like. You'd think not with the size of their mouths but as the story goes they start with the legs and once the shrimp is immobilized then they're pretty much easy pickings for anyone to finish them off.

That said, I would think if you have big enough shrimp then they'd probably be able to fend for themselves. Small ones though might be iffy. I personally don't chance it.