View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 05:31 PM

Scythanith is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the comments all!

The tank is nothing special, an 85 gal (36"wx18"dx30"h) that is impossible for me to touch the bottom. Runs with a single corner overflow feeding a 40 gal acrylic sump with a QO 6000 for a return. I have a phosphate reator running 24/7 and drip kalkwasser every night. The top off is a tunze and runs like a charm. Skimming is a ER RC135. My lighting is 6 overdriven T5's with individual IceCap reflectors. 4 of the lights are on an IC 660 and the other two (my dawn and dusk) are on an IC 430. I do about a 25% water change every two weeks and am running an aquasafe RO/DI that cleans my tap water (170ppm) to 0ppm. I use Tropic Marin salt, which is good so far.

I keep 95% LPS and am dabbling in SPS but I prefer to keep my nutrients higher for the LPS.

Wendy and I just moved into our new home this January and have been developing the basement for our animals. I just ran two 20 amp circuits to the "fish room" and her reptiles have four 15 amp circuits, two on built in wall timer for the day/heat lamps, etc.

Our new reef tank will be a 72"l x 48"d x 22"h (~360 gal).

Should have a tank in place by Oct/Nov which I will then let run sans livestock until the spring.

Looking forward to learning from you all!

Scott