View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 10:55 AM

Pan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Haven't got it yet, but since that's the light I run over my display, I'm confident it will give the same results. It gives great color and growth, and sufficient penetration to the lower areas of the tank.
Perhaps not full spectrum, but I prefer a bluer look. Still not convinced that all the schmancy colors of other lights does anything different.
If I were re-purchasing lights, I would buy them again. Great value for the cost, comparable to Radions in my opinion, and great control using my Apex.

edit: I use the Blue model

Yep if you look at the ocean, where there is red light there is algae. Once you penetrate the ocean deep enough the "red" light is the first that gets filtered out. Hence after a certain depth...no algae's like there is towards the surface.

In a tank it means nothing, our tanks are not deep enough to do this... I sorta think the spectrum claims of LED manufacturers admit of a bit of snake oil i'm afraid, rather their claims of perceived benefit...but again LED is relatively new...so time will tell.

Last edited by Pan; 02-26-2013 at 10:59 AM.