View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 11:22 PM

iceman86 is on a distinguished road

I bought 2 of the maxspect and I hate them. 1 just died on me last week after 2 years of use. Aside from them being noisy, I'm constantly replacing worn out parts. The section of plastic coating on the cord that sits in the water even cracked and flaked off. I don't even have them at 100%. I'm going back to jebao or tunze since I've never had issues with them.

I had one on each end of the tank and played with all the settings and different positions. I either got dead spots or sand storms. I eventually just gave up on trying to keep the sand nice and neat, Iet the storm go until the sand bunched up somewhere and had spots of barebottom.

I watched the you tube videos where they put little balls in an empty tank with water to show the gyre effect and how there is no dead spots. It looks good and convincing, but throw in a few rock structures and a bunch of coral and fish moving and the gyre effect doesn't exist.

I have a larger tank so maybe that was the problem. I could see them being good on smaller or tanks with rock structures twards the back where there is lots of open space for the pumps to do their gyre effect.

I thought the purpose of these pumps was to look clean and avoid the cluttering of multiple other pumps because of the functionality of them, but I found them to be like any other single pump, but with a hefty price tag and constantly replacing parts which I've never had to do with other pumps.

End rant/