View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 09:27 PM
Gold Member

Frogger is on a distinguished road

I own the 230 and the 250's. I originally installed the 230's on my 75 gallon tank but upgraded to the 250's because it sounded like a cell phone vibrating when it was running at full speed. With the 250's I can run them at 70% where there is no noise level and it moves more water then the 230's at full power.

The great thing about having the pair of gyro's on the new timer is the diversity in the programs you can run. I cannot run mine in reverse mode because it stirs up the sand bed.

I prefer not to set the program and walk away. I like to change it every day and night. It takes only a couple seconds to change it.

Play with it and find out what works best for you. I prefer the more random modes as it changes the way the water moves in the tank.

Be careful if you get the timing just right (or wrong depending on what you want to do) you can create a wave that will spill water out of the top of the tank. For my tank it is alternating every .7 of a second. If I run these babies at 100% it will get the water rocking and spill water out of the ends of the tank.

It can also stir up the sand, gravel big time and knock corals over if improperly aimed.