View Single Post
Old 12-27-2017, 09:19 AM

DorySaid is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amadod2 View Post
so I have recently purchased two maxspect gyre 230's, just have a few questions for those of you using them, which settings do you prefer and do yours make a bit of noise? I was running and older tunze power head and it was silent but the gyres are noisy
I have a Gyre pump but it's the Glamorca brand. Most of the time I want to throw it against the wall. I haven't owned the maxspect version but they are very similar. Mine gets noisy most of the time it's running. It's been doing that since about a month after setting it up. My only advice is try to carefully play with the end pieces and see if you can get them fixated in a silent position. Remove the pump from the water and adjust the end caps by twisting and pulling slightly while the pump is running maybe at 30 or 50%. If you can make it silent this way, then don't touch the side end caps or plastic sleeves (whatever they're called), turn the motor off, and place if gently back into the water and turn the unit on and see if it stays 'silent'. I just did that with mine tonight. One side wasn't even working.
These units in my opinion are super tempermental and probably need adjustment periodically when you clean them at least.
Also I noticed when I put it on reverse mode for a minute it seems to go back to being quiet, but that only lasts a little while.