Thread: GoPro reviews
View Single Post
Old 03-19-2015, 12:35 PM

daplatapus is on a distinguished road

Yup, those arms are all just loc-line. I'm glad I went with the 3/4" though, I'm pretty sure the 1/2" wouldn't have held up my lights.

The vis isn't too bad right now, Treebeard, been out a few times lately. Unfortunately my DUI packed 'er in and I've sent it off to get a new zipper and get some of the seams re-done. When I left Alberta, for some reason I sold my Viking Pro (regretted it ever since) but I found a guy in Ottawa that was selling his for $250 so I bought it and just got it in the mail. Now I won't have to wait 3 months before getting wet again.

I saw those Archon lights but read a few reviews on them and they weren't very flattering. SO I went with the Tovatek's.
Great video of the stubby squid! It's been ages since I've dove over there. I did part of my wreck diving course in Porteau Cove.

I bought a couple LED head lamps for having in the car and stuff so I thought I'd remove the lamp and try and mount the GoPro to it. Lol, it didn't work. The headband was far to elasticky and the camera just bobbed around back and forth. No amount of stabilization software was going to make up for it.
I've gotten my tray but haven't been out yet with it. Hopefully soon....