View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 03:40 PM

Llorgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skimmer Juice View Post
are you using rodi water ? running gfo ? I would be vacuuming the sand while doing weekly water changes , remove as much as you can manually . Stay consistent with your water changes and dosing . Stay away from adding different chemicals/aids to try and get rid of . But if you are using rodi , make sure your filters and membrane is good .

Using RO/DI, filters are all 6 months old. I think they should be good still. Not sure how you tell. No gfo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
+1 on vacuuming sand. I do this every water change - if I’m taking out water might as well be the yucky stuff. Really solved my nitrate problem when my tank was new. Also blowing off rocks with turkey baster once in a while, or brushing off rocks before vacuuming. I was too chicken to add anything to tank that I couldn’t test for. Just a lot of elbow grease and patience.

I have been blowing off the rocks and stirring/blowing the sand during water changes with a turkey baster.

So I should be doing water changes? At j&l they all told me stop the water changes because it like very clean water so I should try to raise my nitrates a bit. Although that might be to encourage more easier to deal with algae to start growing.