View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 11:24 PM

untamed is on a distinguished road

Love the dimensions and love the acrylic!

My only concern (and it's too late now) is the acrylic thickness. Hopefully, it is 1" thick, but that will leave you unable to use the Vortechs which I believe won't work on 1" acrylic. I would bet that a 96" x 30" panel would deflect if it were 3/4" thick.

Get some of these large strainers for those intakes. Like these (on the right, NOT like the ones on the left)... These don't clog up or create dangerous suction like the smaller ones do.

These strainers only come in female threaded, so put a female threaded bulkhead in and shorten a threaded nipple so that the strainer fits as snugly as possible against the bulkhead. Have a couple extra so you can just swap them out to clean them.

Nice...How many sides are you going to have viewable?...and what are the plans for your fishroom?
400 gal reef. Established April, 2007. 3 Sequence Dart, RM12-4 skimmer, 2 x OM4Ways, Yellow Tang, Maroon Clown (pair), Blonde Naso Tang, Vlamingi Tang, Foxface Rabbit, Unicorn Tang, 2 Pakistani Butterflies and a few coral gobies

My Tank: http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28436