Thread: Anenome
View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 05:45 PM

Seriak is on a distinguished road
Default Anenome

Well here goes; hopefully someone can offer some insight.

I have had an aiptasia problem for quite a few years that I have never been able to control. I did the Kalk, shrimp, CBB and nothing worked that well so finally I gave up and bought a Racoon Butterfly. Now I know that some can be very detrimental to a reef, but I couldnt ake the aiptasia anymore.

Within 1-2 weeks every aiptasia was gone. I was in Heaven but then that is when my first ever toadstool started to shed. I am not sure if the Racoon had anything to do with that. Either way my Large BTA's started to close up as well.

The other day I noticed that my one BTA had closed up pretty much completely and was lying on the bottom of the tank not attached with the Racoon picking at it. I was very sad. I put the BTA and a separtate container in the tank that the Racoon couldnt get at to make sure it was dead before I disposed of it. To my amazement the BTA started to open again.

Now my question to you is, What now? Do I try to put the BTA back in the aquarium or is the Racoon the reason it was dying in the first place. I initially thought it was the Toadstool but now I am not so sure. Maybe it's a combination.

I would love to try and get the Racoon out and return him to the store since his job is done but that seems really tricky without removing all my rock first.

Someone must have some idea on my next move.

Thanks in advance.

Oh and my other anenome has come back out and is doing fine. But it also has two clowns hosting in it which may be keeping the raccon at bay.