Thread: CO2 Costs
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2014, 09:07 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

hi Mike, I did some checking today, the place I bought my bottle and 2 others have closed up here in town, so that leaves only a couple places now so I have to look some more. another thing I found out is if you rent or buy a bottle from places like air liquid they stamp there name on the bottle collar which means you have to take it back to them for filling and othe shops can get finned for filling them. if there is no company name stamp on the bottle then you can go anywhere, but never let them exchange the bottle, always wait while they fill it so you get your bottle back.

KMS tools here sells unstamped bottles, but they cannot fill strait co2 (which I don't understand as they fill co2 argon mix) they figure a 20 lb CO2 bottle to buy (they have to bring them in) is close to 200.00 bucks and they can't fill it so you would be taking it to one of the other two places in town to get it filled, so I have to look into thoes yet also.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.