View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 05:47 PM
acanthastrea freak

Skimmerking is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Skimmerking Send a message via MSN to Skimmerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by swill View Post
It is going to be a predator tank not sure of the fish load at the monent but I do know that I wont have a cleaning crew as they would just be food for the fish lol. I would prefer to have an in sump skimmer more just for the fact that if it starts to leak it is contained. I would like it to be somewhat quiet but it doesn't have to be silent some noise is ok. I dont mind spending money on a skimmer but the cheaper the skimmer the more cash I have for the fish.
yes the Bullet is a champ and will pull alot of crap out of your tank. I have owned many types of skimmers and I can say that you need your water clean you go to ta Beckett. END OF discussion.

for a Pred tank you want to keep that water clean all the time. remember with a Pred tank you are going to get alot of waste in the water so a Beckett will pull the crap out before it starts. Lots of people use Ozone too with the becketts. ti power the water cleaning too to help keep the water clean. However using Ozone you will see that ammonia turns to nitrites faster and then to nitrates faster so then you will see a climb in your nitrates.

Another good skimmer is the Vertex 300 is you are looking for a skimmer that will stay in your sump depending on the size of your sump too. They are a cone ran with a dual RD pump 1500 and a 1000 so you have to look at the footprint too.

with a FOWLR/Pred tank go slow so you should drop the money on a skimmer first hand fish can come later lots of people are unloading Pred fish fairly cheap too.