View Single Post
Old 09-10-2012, 05:52 AM

nanoreefnewbie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northernseacorals View Post
Welcome to the forum mate;

The tank was an impulse purchase eh; I think it will make a good home for some entertaining critters, one word of caution about impulse purchasing; saltwater impulses can often turn out bad, so study up if you want a new fish, coral or invertabrit.

The filter will get you going; I would personally not run the bio wheels, and investing in a good used skimmer as soon as possible will server you well. The heater will be okay too, one of the most important pieces of equipment you could have would be a refractometer, look on www.aliexpress.com for one, can be ordered from there for around $19; and identicle to what stores here charge $50 bucks for.

The choice to use dry/live mixed rock is a good one, it's not let me down before.

Be patient, read lots and understand you are going to have some problems; most; if not all can be handled though educating yourself on community sites like this.

Don't take cranky people to seriously :-) it suppose to be fun after all.

Enjoy you're time here.
thank you for your reply first i guess i worded that wrong the rim less tank was a impulse buy but the idea n desicion has been set 6 months ago...ive been slowly patently waiting for sales on equipment ect...summer was starting and was too busy enjoying in the sun ...thus ive watched hundreds of videos, scowered the net for info but again this hobby is very opinunated...i should run the skimmer while cycling??and i have a refractometer and all the nessary chemicals ect n cleaning stuff ive got pretty much everything but protein skimmer...i think lol..i know patience is key too,what do you mean problems??oh i wont take them serous they will be ignored lol..im having soo much fun with this hoping too learn stuff alone the way