View Single Post
Old 03-17-2019, 10:19 PM
Gold Member

Frogger is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKoKoMan View Post
That’s the thing with the tiny size, lots of people probably have them but don’t have the skill to detect.
Yes that is the reason for posting this, the last two reefers/vendors I purchased acro's from had this pest and they were not aware they had it because I told them after I found it. The black bug that is in my main display and on the last two purchases I have made appear to be the same guy, coincidence? I think not.

I was not aware of it before so I can not say who I got it from and if any corals are actually clean. I had spent most of my time doing careful inspections with my microscope for AEFW and I have seen those often as well. Coral RX works on flatworm, at least dislodges it from the coral, although every time I have found it I have returned the corals to the vendor/reefer but Coral RX has no affect on black bugs.

Most of the corals in my tank are not negatively affected as their growth is good, colours could be a bit better (nit picky). However those that have been affected are not doing great, growth has been reduced, colours are not good and polyps are not fully extended. I cannot say that any corals have died from this but I would not know as I wasn't checking for it over 2 months ago.

Yesterdays treatment: I checked last night before going to bed and there were still quite a few on the orange passion, the amphripods on the rocks did not appear to be affected. I just checked the orange passion and I can't see any black bugs on the coral (just looking through the glass with a 10x optivisor. But it is day time and they are not usually that active during the day. In the past I have always been able to see them during the day, so I am cautiously optimistic but it is way to early to say.

If it hasn't killed them all but reduced the numbers this is good because it means I am getting close to the correct dose.

Last edited by Frogger; 03-17-2019 at 10:22 PM.