View Single Post
Old 09-16-2014, 06:59 PM

asylumdown is on a distinguished road
Default Rough summer/concrete dust

If it's the glaze that might explain why this didn't start until 3 weeks in. Most of the original tiles popped right off the sub floor with a single whack with a chisel (hence why they were being replaced - they weren't really attached to the ground ver well), so not many got jack hammered. The major work was the self leveling cement below them that had to be removed. However, for about 5 days before I realized what they were doing and stopped it, they were cutting the new tiles (exactly like the old ones with the metallic finish) in the dining room, right next to the tank. Looked like half the cuts were made with a handheld grinder thing, not one of those water cooled table-top cutters, so yah, lots and lots of metallic finish porcelain dust wound up in the house. I think they started doing that about 4 or 5 days before the corals started to get damaged.

So what do we think - is this salvageable with water changes, or is the rock potentially wrecked? I'm not even sure what to be testing for, or if there's anything I could test for.