View Single Post
Old 10-28-2011, 06:09 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by StirCrazy View Post
um.. that sounds like there was a problem with your phone its self.. all the outage for 1 day in canada did was delay e-mails and BBM's. mine wasn't working properly for all of 4 hours but the phone and internet worked perfectly the whole time as these are not routed through there secure server like e-mail and BBM are.

Steve
Nopers, being techy I thought of that... I emptied the phone of data, reinstalled the O/S, just to make sure it wasn't the phone. Did this actually a couple times. After doing that I was worse off, as I couldn't register it on the Blackberry network, as it was down. So email, texts were really not working (but didn't matter as BB was still down), but still phone was having issues hanging.

But, the hanging went away, once Blackberry came back up. Once they got things kinda running, phone worked 100% for the couple days later, until I got the new IPhone 4S.

Don't get me wrong, BB has great phone quality, and the build of the hardware is great. But I rely on this phone for business, any missed email or calls, means missed revenue or potential. I never liked the fact that there is a third party involved, being BB servers... And this major outage was the last straw. BB has shown the world that they need to rework their network, as I forsee they will now do. A piece of hardware on the other side of the world took Canada/US down also, all because 1.) their backup infrastructure was inferior 2.) their aging network cannot handle the traffic, or unforseen excess due to issues.

I for one am a IPhone guy now. And I LIKE IT!!! Oh yeah, I also kiss girls.... AND I LIKE IT!!!! Sorry, now I am singing

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk

Last edited by globaldesigns; 10-28-2011 at 06:12 PM.