View Single Post
Old 08-21-2010, 05:41 AM
Gold Member

lastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura aboutlastlight has a spectacular aura about

Right after it gets fixed. I bought the display and sump off Jay and clumsy me chipped the front bottom corner badly on a tie-off anchor in the bed of my truck.

Wed night is the big night. We're putting an inner eurobrace in the front and he's also going to demo his glass scratch removal skillaz as there are a few on the left side. Assuming the fix goes well and the cure is fast (should be) I'll have things transferred very quickly! Jay is the man btw. He offered to replace the entire front pane and front eurobrace for free but I suggested the inner bracing as it should be much easier for him and in my opinion make the tank even stronger than before.

Tank btw is 36L x 24W x 26H

The sump has a nice 36" long fuge area which I may or may not put some chaetoBalls in. What I do plan to do just like with the 225 is dedicate that portion of the sump as water change space. A pump will sit in there always and I'll flip a switch and drain 10gallons and then pump from a 10 gallon downstairs to replenish and then bring the compartment back online.

All hardware from the old tank will be moved over as well. Tunze 9002 will be swapped for an SWC Xtreme 160 and the modded Tunze 6025 will be joined by 3 more.

Also, my terrible luck with fish continues. After draining the tank halfway and setting it on furniture moving sliders Tony and I (thx dude!) slid her around the corner. Now I haven't seen my blenny I am ****ed! The move was so fast and easy but maybe he was spooked and jumped last night?

Tony also demoed his glass drilling skillaz as we added a second hole into the side of my external overflow. Thanks mang!

Last edited by lastlight; 08-21-2010 at 06:03 AM.