View Single Post
Old 02-14-2012, 01:23 AM

corpusse is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCoralEdmonton View Post
successfully raised the eggs with nothing but cyclopeeze powder... very easy to raise... just put the eggs in a breeder net and sprinkled the food in.... after about 15 minutes just washed out the net with the tank water swiching it around! Keep us posted about how it turns out!

Steve
Do you have any documentation of this? That's pretty groundbreaking as I've never ever, heard of anyone raising them on anything but live mysids.

Cyclopeeze seems way too small as baby brine shrimp are too small. Adult brine don't have enough nutrition and everyone that has tried got 100% failure rate.

Zarstar, I do recommend you order some live mysids. Reed Mariculture is the best source as they are grown in a lab, you can get wild caught ones cheaper but they are not of the same quality. Be warned they are VERY canabolisitic. You need to hatch baby brine shrimp for the mysids. You can do this in the same tank but it is better to do it separate.

Once they get older you can certainly train them to eat frozen but I strongly suggest you start with mysids. Usually they will start eating a few days to a week after hatching and start out eating 1-2 and work there way up to 10+ at which time you can try larger foods. First amiphods and even py mysis as a first frozen food, then onto shrore / ghost shrimp and finally whatever frozen food you are going to feed them, likely uncooked grocery store shimp.

I really miss keeping these guys but it's very time consuming and expensive. I saw some eggs a couple weeks back and I told the store owner he'd have to give me $500 for me to take them and even then I'd think twice.

You should also look at joining tonmo.com the best place to discuss cephs. Good Luck!