View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 03:14 AM

fishmanty is on a distinguished road
Default Touch Review

I'm still getting my touch dialed in. I plan to make a review as well. As a teaser, I currently run a level float (programmed to an ato), pH, salinity, temp (my heater already had a temp controller on it so I programmed my unit to shut off for high temp as a backup). I also bought the leak detector (programmed to shut off the pumps to minimize damage), and the open source dimming module to context my rapidled modded hood to (Running a 28 gallon jbj nano). I have programmed one of the quick top buttons to shut off all pumps and skimmer to allow for feeding the anemones. So far so good. I'll try to get a more in depth review (but my only past experience was a reefkeeper years ago.

So far my only notable complaints are the wifi (It worked for access for a week and quit working via IP connection. I can still log in via wifi and my devices through the open ports) and the power bar. The plugs are so tight together that I bought 4" extension cord jumpers to make larger plugs work.

One could argue that I have gone overboars for a 28gal. The plan is too upgrade when we get the new house in July and move the controller there.