View Single Post
Old 06-22-2020, 10:21 PM

Dash is on a distinguished road
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastlight View Post
I had been using ATI Essentials Pro for the last 2 years and Reef Supplies didn't have any ready to ship and I was in a bind. I assumed the shortage was pandemic related. I reached out to my friend who still had all of my old 5g buckets (mostly unopened) of BRS chemicals. Sat in his garage almost a decade lol. After using these again I am really liking it and I don't know why but my tank looks better. I ran the numbers and BRS with the crazy shipping is still way cheaper than ATI. I hope BRS has those 5g pails in stock when I'll need more but that will prob be a couple years from now so I should be good!

Thankfully I don't need livestock... terrible time to need or want new critters.
I’m glad to hear you say that since I’m also using BRS. It’s a nice easy system for someone like me who likes to keeps things simple. I used to drive down to bring it over the border; not sure what I’ll do when I run out.

Well, for the first time in my 4.5 yrs of reefing, I was dealing this spring with algae. Vibrant got rid of bryopsis but brought me cyano. So spending my Covid time slowly bringing the tank back to the way it was before with manual cleaning/maintenance.