View Single Post
Old 03-25-2015, 03:26 AM

KPG007 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason604 View Post
Tank crashes hurt. Expecially 1 of this magnitude.. Now back to bizz. U must of tons of corals on liquidation prices =)
Yeah, this hurts. More then I thought actually. Luckily I have a good attitude. F you tank! I'm going to make it even better then before!!!

As for corals for sale, brown slimer and brown digi free!...to everyone except you

Joking of course. Again, if you know me, I'll keep those brown sticks until they are blue green and red, even if it takes me forever!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bblinks View Post
Wow! Kick a guy while he is down, you cold man. I like your style.

All jokes aside, sorry for your loses. I totally agree with you kelly. If you would've raised it slowly I don't think you would have such a traumatic experience, sure Sps would've turn brown but they should've all slowly recovered. Countless times I had my alk go from 7.5 to high 4 in the 300 and I guess because the share volume of the 300 gallon tank I would raise it by 150ppm without any issues except once when I overdosed It and alk climbed to 8 from 5.1 a few Sps pealed. I guess you live and learn.
Thanks Rich. Problem was, I didn't know what the issue was. Corals were looking fine in the low alk. When I changed water, it shocked the SPS and it was too late. IF I HAD been testing, I would have figured it out and raised the Alk slowly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chef View Post
Our hobby is tough, especially with uber sensitive sps. I feel your pain Kelly. *зге€ happens. Mistakes always happen. The important thing is to keep on keeping on. A fine example is Peter in oakville (my hometown). Nicest reef in Canada, if not north America. A friggin seam splits and bam. It'll all come back for ya! Painfully slowly, but ya still have water in the tank!
Compared to Peters loss, mine is nothing. I posted mainly because most people ohh and ahh over my tanks maybe not realizing the care I actually DO put into them. Even then, one 50 cent plastic connector and me being a little lax on the testing can cause big problems.