View Single Post
Old 09-05-2014, 01:26 AM

TimT is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro
I use both PE mysis and Tim's plankton
Hmm... I use Tim's plankton too.

I started using it while wholesaling fish almost 12 years ago. I saw how great the food was and how the hard to get eating fish would eat it no problems. I would use it on wild seahorses to get them eating as well. I thought that it would be very beneficial for hobbyists to offer this high quality food to their fishes. It would help them have greater success with their tanks due to it's ability to strengthen a fishes immune system and enhance it's colouration. As an added benefit it promotes spawning too.

All my fish really like it and the corals go nuts for it too. I just put some frozen pieces into a cup of tank water to thaw. I gradually pour it into the tanks and the fish and corals go crazy. My present thoughts are that the "juice" which contains essential amino acids, fatty acids and lipids helps to feed the corals so I no longer rinse it. I do tend to get some amazing colours in my acros so I suspect the food could be contributing to it.

Here is a link to some info on the Plankton.

http://www.oceanfreshaquarium.com/pacifica-plankton/

Cheers,
Tim