View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 06:08 AM

e46er is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
Yeah there will be odd growth patterns for sure. That would drive me nuts, but you might not mind. You re also going to have detritus collecting at the far end. Honestly, the o my way that I think is a "good" way to do a peninsula-style tank is by using a closed loop so you can get flow I'm all over without using powerheads at all. That is it's own bag of worms though.
odd growth patterns are unique and interesting- im totally OK with that.
i ran a closed loop on my first and 2nd tanks not really a huge fan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
You are going to have problems with flow in your peninsula.
There's nothing you can do about it regardless of where you place your pumps on the opposite end of your tank. It's just the way it is with these kind of tanks.
No matter what any of us tells you differently, you are going to need to fix it yourself.
this is what I figured but was hoping it wasn't true.
i guess i can either get say a 3rd MP40 and keep it fairly low and ill only see say 6-8" of cable until it hits the handrail and run it under or I can get a gyre style and keep it high running cable in the canopy.

Im hoping with a super open aquascape I can get away with 2- MP40s. I plumbed it todayas far as I could anyways. my wholesaler is an idiot and shorted me a few things but ill grab them monday and hopefully I can have water in it mid week or so.

Owner of Mountain Ridge Heating and Gas
Class A gas fitter, HVAC