View Single Post
Old 09-09-2010, 03:24 PM

StirCrazy is on a distinguished road

I don't know if I would get that kit as it has the "G" bulbs and seeing as they are a lot more powerfull than the "E"s I am wondering how much spotting you'll get. also you only get optics for the "E"s why????

as for this kit being enough on your 25, depends. one kit alone on there will look real bad, two kits with no optics might work, but idealy I would be guessing at 3 kits for a 25 and you will be good to keep anything. also looking at the drivers they are only 700mA instead of 1000mA and they are not dimable.

so I was looking around the site and found this kit.
http://www.rapidled.com/servlet/the-...LED-DIY/Detail

I would sell the T5's and then get this one for the 25 gal tank. but the only change I would make is to buy one more driver so you have 2 for the white and 2 for the blue (would cost and extra 30 bucks) that way you can dim the colors independent.

A 25 gal tank is a little deeper (18") so if you wanted to keep SPS you could go with the 40 degree optics and you will have all the PAR you need and the ability to dim white or blue to get the exact color you like. if you not a big SPS person then choose the 60 ot 80 degree lense.

Steve
*everything said above is just my opinion, and may or may not reflect the views of this BBS, its Operators, and its Members. If cornered on any “opinion” I post I will totally deny having ever said this in a Court of Law…Unless I am the right one*

Some strive to be perfect.... I just strive.