View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 01:30 PM

Sasq40 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarDog View Post
Your lighting, flow, and w/c schedule seem fine. We can worry about those later.

What salt are you using? Are you using RODI?

Deep sand bed is so 2001. I'd lose that.

API kit is fine for ammonia, but I would replace the following; Salifert for Alk, Calcium, Magnesium, Nitrate, and Phosphate. Down the road, get a Hanna Phosphorus checker for more accurate reading. 1 - 2.5 is awful for po4. Don't worry about pH, that will take care of itself.... and throw the Nitrite kit in the trash.

SPS are very demanding and require stability, stability, and more stability.

Also get a good refractometer ($70) and mix your next w/c at 1.025. You should see better parameters.

Some people might argue the point, but Alk at 11 is way too high for my liking. I would aim for 8ish.
So would it be best to go bare in my fuge?

As for test kit I'll have to order sone as local only has api, not gonna like in the 4 years or doing this I've only tested maybe 4 times.

I don't think I'll plan on adding NY sps then I have, as I prefer lps, but would like the stuff I have to do better if possible. I moved it up closer to the light on a locals recommend on fb.

I do have a good refractometer and I do my w/c at 1.025. My di resin is all out so I'm sitting at 1pmm as I awhile some more resin, as again locally there's nothing. I use instant ocean reef salt as that's all I have access to

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk