View Single Post
Old 02-24-2017, 03:23 AM

Sasq40 is on a distinguished road
Default Looking for pointers

So folks been doing this awhile and just been winging it, hoping to get some pointer on how to improve my game. As of right now here's some readings from the tanks. The Ph, Ammonia, and nitrite were from my api freshwater kit, but I used the charts from api website, the calcium, nitrate and Kh are from my api reef kit, and the phosphate was from a 3 part kit.
Calcium 520
Ph 8.4
Ammonia 0
Kh 11
Nitrite 0
Phosphate 1~2.5
Nitrate 5ppm
I don't add anything extra to the tank except kalkwasser every couple refills of my 5gallon ato system. I do a 20-25 gallon water change ever 1.5~2 weeks. My display tank is a 160 bowfront, I think the refuge is about 20gallons,and my sump area is a 55gallon.

I have a deep sand bed in the fuge, some live rock and cheato that doesn't grow, it's got a led light that came with the tank. I don't clean the fuge, read that I shouldn't, what do you guys do with your fuge?

For flow I have my two corner overflows with a aquaclear 110 which is rate for 900gph at 0,i also have two mp40ws on each side side running on reefcrest at 76% with the other one on anti-sync. Should I move my powerheads, add more flow, change up the schedule?

Lighting I got 3 gen3 Ecotech xr30w, running perpendicular along the tank. I have it running on the coral lab at 46% from 4pm to 12am.

My main concern for improvement is the hopefully fix up some of the Sps I got from a local, I'm unsure if it's even at the stage of coming back, the birdnest is mostly brown but there's still some spots that are green.

I'll take any criticism as that's the best way to improve!

Sent from my SM-N920W8 using Tapatalk