View Single Post
Old 03-27-2012, 09:29 PM

rayjay is on a distinguished road

I believe the only true captive bred seahorses being brought into Western Canada are the ones from Aquamarine International. They are expanding their line to include more species now but it's not reflected on their website at this time.
In Eastern Canada, we are now getting H. erectus in and they are the highest quality seahorses coming to Canada that I've seen in the 10 years I've been into the seahorse hobby. These originate from seahorsecorral.com in Florida.
The Australian source is no longer open as Dr Mic Payne was unable to sell it and wanted to move on to other things.
I may be getting reidi from Ken as the source here appears to have stopped and I want to increase my herd of reidi and possibly comes.
Properly kept standard seahorses should have no problem living between 5 and 8 years but Dan Underwood of seahorse source has reported on at 10 yrs of age.
If you click on the "My Thoughts...." link in my signature, you go to the bottom and there are some links there to provide information you should know before getting into the hobby.