View Single Post
Old 12-09-2011, 10:08 PM

globaldesigns is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniella3d View Post
I use aiptasia X but it's expensive and they keep coming back. Your tric is good but must be pretty hard to do on the tiny buggers that hide within zoanthids colonies. I hate those with a vengance. They anoy my zoanthids and yet they are so small that they are very hard to kill as they retract too fast. It is also tricky to put aiptasia X or any other stuff in a zoanthid colony, so it is a real bummer. I am thinking of getting a few berghia.
That I can't comment on, as I have no more zoa's... My hippo tang developed a taste for them and basicaly ate thousands of exotic ones I had. Hence I have no more, except for the odd pest one.

Nudi's work well, I bought 2 for my sump, and they bred. They cleaned up the sump really well. But, they died off, because they had no more food. Time has passed, and some aptaisa have come back in the sump. I don't bother anymore, there are not many, and my DT is clean of them. I just keep on top of things.

Setup: 180G DT, 105G Refuge (approx. 300lbs LR, 150lbs Aragonite)
Hardware: Super Reef Octopus SSS-3000, Tunze ATO, Mag 18 return, 2x MP40W, 2X Koralia 4's Wavemaker
Lighting: 5ft Hamilton Belize Sun (2x250W MH, 2X80W T5HO)
Type of Aquarium: mixed reef (SPS & LPS) with fish
Dosing: Mg, Ca, Alk