View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 01:38 AM

Coralgurl is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
My emerg is at a level I'm comfortable with so it can't spill over the top. No other reason for the height and I run my box level about an inch below it

My main is taped and threaded hand tight into the bulkhead. It started out quite tall as I was trying to eliminate it all draining during pump off
I chopped a bit off at a time until it was low enough to be quiet and believe it's sitting somewhere around 4" tall ?, which puts it about 17" below the very top of the tank ... ? maybe ?

If you need to know send me a PM and I'll throw a tape in there this weekend

Oh, little tip
Try to have your emerg sloping constantly downhill. Then you don't need to worry about stagnant water
I don't run a trickle through my emerg on purpose as some do and it's fine
Thanks Greg, the stagnant water is what is sitting in the overflow, occassionally the main drain fills up if I forget about the filter sock but not enough to clean it out. The emerg line into the sump is sloped so water does drain.

I'll probably start it around 17" and see how that works. We ended up buying 20' of PVC so got lots to work with...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark View Post
emergency just at tank level

fitting w/tubing for circulation, coupler sits on top of standpipe, small stub as was easy way to adjust total standpipe height when first setting up emergency
That makes sense, thanks for posting the pics. Will hopefully get to this over the weekend.