View Single Post
Old 03-17-2013, 01:12 AM

postie36 is on a distinguished road

Well for sure I get the packing materials and the personnel that have to pack and process. Given
So here is my scenario, paid $18.00. which was half price. Included $200. in insurance. Expedited, which is regular 5-10 days
As a postal guy, I thought that was kinda high being regional area, BC AB. Usually means cheaper than NS. So thought I'd check it out.
With measurments, which made the package 4.2 Kg, for light bulbs on my retail counter with Ins was $18.00. Which if I sent this package to them reverse.
Now we know all big companies who use Canadapost they give discounts, even with my retail counter at $18, thats telling me they charged me $18. for packaging and a guy to process. So I paid $18 for a box and bubble wrap.
So, i guess really buy local if you can as at the end of the day even with there markup it's probably cheaper than online sales.
At the end of the day, really check into shipping charges, we all know if it says free shipping and you see $18. charge added and then they say well thats for a guy and a box to process it really isn't free shipping is it.