View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 02:16 AM

F.H is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
FWIW, I set up a QT after losing a bunch of fish. I lost more fish in QT than not, so now my tank is full of non quarantined fish, all happy and healthy.
I don't even have an opinion on it anymore, I think it's a good idea, but not for me.
FWIW, I lost all my fish, about 4 of them when I was new to saltwater about 3 years ago to ich, or a similar "white spot" disease, although I'm pretty sure it wasn't velvet.

Left my tank fallow for 3 months, vowed to QT everything wet that goes into my tank from then on.

I haven't lost a single fish since, and currently have 7 in my tank.

As with every other aspect of this hobby, you'll have stories on one end of the spectrum such as Aquattro's and then stories on the other end such as mine.

My experiences have convinced me that QT is the way to go, his have convinced him otherwise.

Good luck with moving forward, I know probably every single reefer on Canreef has lost some livestock one way or another. Right now is the perfect time to ask around, maybe do some research and figure out exactly which direction you would like to take.