View Single Post
Old 04-03-2013, 04:41 PM

zum14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregzz4 View Post
I see there is some concern about your sock tray height ...

I have 3 x 4" socks (only equals 1 x 7") in my sump and run an Eheim 1262
My sock tray is about 1/2" below the lip of my trim, and when the mesh socks plugged up, water flowed over the baffle (1/4" below the trim) without ever going near the trim

I also don't have the water dropping into the socks, but rather just flowing through them
My socks are fully submerged and have never shifted

I don't see an issue with your sock trays being anywhere you want them
Interesting. I had mine in a fairly tight holder but they still shifted. He will be running about 3 times as much flow as a 1262 too. Just something to ponder. I do agree your way would be quieter. I guess if you plan for the difference in water height it would work. Pm me if you have a pic. I'd be interested in seeing a side view of this in action if you ever get one. I hate to admit it but the behind the scene stuff is almost as exciting as the tank itself for me. Hmm I never considered the ato if the chambers don't stay constant and balanced. If you had a way of keeping the return chambers connected to each other so there's essentially a balance pipe I guess that would keep everything even and still allow you to have 2 return chambers for ease of plumbing. I agree OM's get tight fast.

"Nah, unless they got any big, giant robot camels I think were ok."

"Ah.....Jim.......robot camels"