View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 04:23 AM

AndyL is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to AndyL

Current FTS - 06/23:

Ok, Think I've got things mostly sorted out... Truck was broken into last night - and the good camera walked away - so appologies for the crummy P&S pictures...

For the record - hardware I'm using:

Custom built 5g tank (Colby @ Elite built) - 50$ (?ish? been a while)
Standard 5g Sump - 25$
Sterilite Brand plastic file cabinet (roughly 5g capacity) - 5$
Older than god mag2 pump w/ mag3 impeller - ???
Won Bro's 150w heater - bought in 2004 think it was 20$(Christian's big group order back from the days) <fingers crossed>
Old Odyssea 180 Skimmer body I had lying around - ???
Odyssea 250 needlewheel pump - 13.99 (thanks Red Coral)

Lighting - To be determined... Right now using some old flourescents I had kicking around - if I can scrape up some $ I'll be doing some LED lighting... Darn weddings - take all the spare $ away.

Current stock... Little bit of live rock from the main system; tossed in a hunk of digi & some colt (it'll look sweet in the surge)

If you are wondering - skimmers up in the surge tank as it displaced water - thus less time between surges (down to about 15 seconds now) also reduced surge down to ~ 1gallon.

Still need to do a final revision of the plumbing - thinking about doing a pair of locline nozzles for the surge outlet.

Overall system:

Yeah I really need to clean up don't I?
By reading, replying to, commenting about, or in any way accessing the material in this post; including but not limited to storing in a database, retrieving from a database, viewing in a web browser, including it in or making a reference to it in a legal document, or accidentally glancing at it you agree to send me $100.