View Single Post
Old 09-03-2014, 04:34 PM

sewerman45 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquattro View Post
Not a big deal at all, I haven't used DI for years. Vancouver has soft water and not anything to be concerned with.
Algae could be diatoms, but being stringy like that, I'd worry about dinoflagellates. These are bad. Google and see if it's the same.

Not sure you'll need a chiller, but if it does kick on, the heat it puts out might be an issue under the stand like that.

Otherwise, great looking setup!
Great. Good to know about the water. I am really hoping it's not dino as it appears to be out of my league to deal with. I was running a metal halide light originally and my apartment gets really warm so the chiller was pretty crucial in the summer but you're right that it's definitely not ideal in that stand. Ideally I'd put it somewhere else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moloto View Post
Great to see the setup from Jakegr up and running again.
Thanks. I am very excited about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyguy00 View Post
Sorta looks like dinos to me... Hope that it isn't though, because its not fun to have.
I am really hoping it's not... everything I've seen looks more green than what I have and there is always little bubbles in it... which I don't have. I'm not really sure what to do about it either way.