View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 05:19 PM

Scavenger is on a distinguished road
Default Scavenger's Guess My Pest Contest.

I have a hickhiker in my tank. He's killed fish, moved rocks, and lives in a rock I pulled a 1.5 foot Eunicid worm from during curing approx 3 months ago. The 12 pound rock has holes up to about 2 inches across. No additional rock or coral to tank since.

The Facts starting about 3 weeks ago:
2 dead fish- 4 inch Longnose Butterfly found wedged in rocks with large chunks missing at lights on. 2 inch Regal Tang, no body found.

At lights on and shortly after lights out scraping/banging noises heard from tank.

1 small rock size of golf ball size moved about 6 inches across and 5 inches up tank to cover hole in the suspected home rock of pest.

Frequent rocks of various size found fallen from original placement in morning.

1 trumpet coral 3 heads missing

OK here's the contest: Name the pest, and guess the size. Bottle trap goes into tank tonight. Contest runs until pest caught and photo'ed. Closest guess wins bragging rights.

****edit*** Thinking about it. I'm going to up the stakes since I had such great reviews on the mural thread I posted http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53322 . Winner gets a 16X20 original landscape painting by yours truly.

Last edited by Scavenger; 06-16-2009 at 06:39 PM.