View Single Post
Old 07-14-2012, 05:23 PM

dsaundry is on a distinguished road
Default so long//zài jiàn// salut // to Canreef :(

Well I am afraid I will be bidding "so long" to all my friends at Canreef as I have now officially gotten out of the s/w fish trade and am planning on taking some time to travel with my wife. After 25 yrs of fish keeping both fw+sw it is time to move on. After a major power failure in our area it was driven home that if I am away there was nobody local that would be able to take care of the tank if I was away. I was thankful that the power failure was only about 9 hrs. So after a long conversation with my wife I decided to shut tank down. She actually said to keep it but she has put up with 2+3 day vacations for too long now and she deserves more. I have met a lot of you over my time at Canreef and it has been great talking to you all and sharing information over the last 5yrs. So I will check the site periodically but I won't be checking it near as much as I used to. I still have my "dart frogs" as a hobby but they are way less maintenance than a reef tank and my son knows what to do with them as he raises them too. So again, thanks and adieu it has been a real pleasure.
Darryl