View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 08:36 PM

mrdss is on a distinguished road
Cool Yellow Leather

I believe my questions was fairly straight forth.Why are people who have never owned a yellow leather replying ? They read something so ............. NOW THEY THINK they know something ?

Ok, Yellow Toadstool leather corals very common for them to turn brown. I am trying to figure out what others have done either pro or con.

I am trying to nail it down to

1. Lighting
2. Height
3. Flow
4. Temperature
4. Salinity
5. High / low nutrients.

Hopefully the people with the persistent yellow and the browning yellow can provide some clues. Person with the yellow coals is doing / using. Person with the browning coral is doing /using.Out of those 5 questions either one or all have to be correct. There has to be an answer and a middle ground we are missing. There has to be. IT is something in the tank conditions causing the browning. Possibly other corals in the tank.

I watched the most beautiful. The most beautiful yellow I have ever seen with my own eyes slowly darken and become brown. Over time playing with lights etc. it began lighting up quite a bit to a tan color. I sold the toadstool when shutting down the tank. So, what is everyone doing ? We are doing .................... Toadstool turns brown. Or we are doing ...............................Toadstool turns yellow.

This information is vital to all who own a yellow leather coral since there is NO concrete information on the internet.

Last edited by mrdss; 09-27-2018 at 08:51 PM.