View Single Post
Old 04-12-2016, 01:26 AM

daelie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by albert_dao View Post
Great write-up. Really appreciated the well organized flow of this post
Thanks, I find it helps to not have massive pictures that take forever to load. I find myself reading the forums a lot on mobile and thumbnails that can link to larger pictures are much easier to sift through in a long thread. Every now and then, if the picture I find is quite nice then I add it in larger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokinreefer View Post
Matrixx is nice!

With those mounting legs how high off the tank is it?
Do you find there is a lot of light spill?

I want to light a tank with matrixx but it would be beside a dining table.
Do you think the light spill would be bothersome to guests sitting trying to enjoy a meal?

Thanks!

Great tank!
With the mounting legs, the fixture sits about 4 inches or so off of the water level. I don't find there is a lot of light spill, but that could just be me. I have an 8 bulb combo too, so it does cover almost the entire tank. I ordered a 6 bulb and they sent me an 8 bulb for free, which turned out to be nice to have the extra 8 bulbs, but my aquarium width I think a 6 bulb would have been more suitable, oh well, later upgrades

I just snapped a photo in the room with the aquarium with just the t5's on and all the lights off. It's a cell phone pic, but really all I can say is I would give it a shot, they are an awesome fixture both performance and aesthetically. There's a bit on the floor and the wall but the floor especially will probably get overpowered by the dining room lights anyway. If the reef tank is nice enough, it'll be distracting no matter what fixture is on the tank

Last edited by daelie; 04-12-2016 at 01:29 AM.