View Single Post
Old 09-28-2017, 04:34 PM

Millepora_Maniac is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myka View Post
But why?

I have a Reef Dynamics recirculating biopellet reactor. It's bigger, better, (much more expensive) and specifically designed for this purpose. I like the PhosBan reactor better!

Let us know how this new one works out for you.
I used to get things done on the cheap for my aquarium, but I've changed over the years.

A Pinto, and a Porsche both get you to work, but a Porsche will go faster if pushed. Also, you can take it to the track and rip it around.

I want something that will unquestionably keep tumbling the media, and if I decide to upgrade to a bigger tank, which I will, it will handle more pellets.

A Phosban reactor is the Pinto, it works, but....this thing is a Porsche. The CAD lights reactor was like an entry level BMW that needed constant maintenance to keep it running. This thing looks like it is extremely low maintenance, and high performance.

I shot a video of it running. I am trying to figure out an image hosting site so I can show you guys how awesome this thing is.

Will be back with an update soon, and video.

90 gal SPS display+65 gallon mixed reef
GEAR: Korallin calcium reactor, bio pellets, digital aquatics controller, Tunze ATO, MP40, 4 x Tunze 6105 w/controller, Reef Octopus Xp3000 ext, 2x250w MH, Futura LED.