View Single Post
Old 12-18-2013, 02:04 AM

mike31154 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhasan View Post
Maybe you are paying to get snow with tds 2-4 when needed

Jokes apart, that snow seems as clean as my RO water output (4 tds). Don't know but can the TDS meter be affected (maybe higher or lower) if the snow is acidic/alkaline/neutral? That might be interesting. Suppose TDS reads less in acidic water and you get a TDS of 5ppm and you put the snow ball in the mouth and DAMN! Lemonade slush!
I pay good money to go the the Boulder Hut every winter to get as far away from civilization & the gov't as possible. That bill includes GST and some sort of holiday tax.... To the best of my knowledge the gov't does not make snow. In Toronto the mayor calls in the military if they get too much of it at one go. They don't deal with it too well in Vancouver either.

To the best of my knowledge a TDS meter is simply a conductivity meter, not sure acid or alkaline has any impact on the reading. Although, if TDS is mainly alkaline type elements.... not sure what elements make water acidic, but certainly lime content which is abundant in mountainous regions, would tend to make the water alkaline? Acid rain I suppose, that would probably be high in sulphur? Time for a chemist to chime in.

Last edited by mike31154; 12-18-2013 at 02:06 AM.