JDigital is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to JDigital

Quote:
Originally Posted by michika View Post
Should I be voting?
Nope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketlily View Post
Would the contest then be open to people who like the new budget but originaly did not join because of the old limit? Would those not in favor of of a budget change (if it was to be voted in) be allowed to leave the contest due to the change in rules, with a refund of entry dues?

I really have to think about this, as I am sure some people, including myself, sat down and thought about the original budget and what they could achieve before signing up for the competition. If I had thought in the beginning that I couldn't do a tank for $300, I would not have entered.

I would have thought that those who alloted a major portion of their budget for equipment would have realized that it left very little for livestock. Changing the rules seems to me to be rewarded people for bad budgeting.

Quote: "I've done the best I can to alter this contest for fit into our forum here on Canreef, but the fact is that not everyone will be happy with the contest rules as they've been established. If you don't think that you can participate under the established guidelines, then your time and $$ is probably best spent on a tank that you truly will enjoy and keep in the long run."

If this change in budget happens, when will the next change be voted on and when do we stop the changes?
This is the one and only change I am putting up for vote. Like I said in my original post, some people think its a good idea, and I know others entered the contest based on the original budget.

If members are going to drop out of the contest because of this change, then I will shut this poll down, and we'll stay where we are at. There also won't be any changes made to others entering the contest. It was a headache to keep track of everyones payments the first time, I'm not doing it again.

This increase is only for Livestock. It's not meant for extra equipment and such.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaloupa View Post
I'm kinda with Rocketlilly...if my budget had been bigger I might have gone for a MH on my tank...but couldn't with the budget so bought a brand new fixture that I might not have otherwise bought. I thought the challenge was to have a budgeted amt. and work with that...yep, it will be tough....but doable? Absolutely! Could I work with more money, yes.....do I want to have that and waste the way I've tried to go already....not so sure. I'm gonna be thinkin on it too.
Again, This increase is for Livestock Only. It shouldn't affect how we have built our tanks up to this point.

62G Starfire Reef. Started Jan 2013 http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=89988